My Perspective:
One fine Saturday marked the beginning of the 19th year of my life. I was happy. I had an awesome lunch, fabulous dinner, great presents and wishes from many friends.
Except a particular bunch.
The Indians: Pav, Leen, Sha, Kugi, Azlin
The Wannabees: Joel and Jonjon
The Baby: Kutty
Once morning was over, and turned into noon, I decided this bunch had tuition. Upon reaching the evening, I thought they were up to some conspiracy.
By dinner, I was disappointed. The people I spend a lot of my time with everyday, the ones I have recess with did not wish me.
Come 11.30, The fatties began wishing one by one. But conveniently, Albert, a participant, messed it up a bit, and called me at that time. He also messed up on hinting some Monday Surprise.
Monday, I arrived at school and stuck my tongue out at them. Later I collected my hugs. Expecting something for recess, I received a small kuih with a humongous candle on top.
Amazing.
Whilst I cut the pathetic kuih, these ding dongs pull out the real cake.
Now let's have the perspective of the Conspirators:
The mastermind of the plan Pav Kurup wrote this message:
Pav Kurup 13 August at 21:17 Reply
Dear ALL!
It's Rowie's birthday tomorrow, and if we're going by the initial plan, then NONE of us is going to be wishing her a happy birthday or what not during the entire length of tomorrow, except till AFTER 11.30pm. Closer to midnight, if you prefer!
Let her think we've all forgotten. Let her pretend like it doesn't affect her. Because we all know how Rowie would react on the outside. "Oh, so what? It's just my birthday. Nothing big. So what if they forgot?" She'll put on that strong facade, when we KNOW it's affecting her.
BUT THEN we greet her late at night. Almost a whole day after her birthday has passed.
And then comes Monday.
I was speaking to Albie just now, and the way he celebrated HIS friend's bday today inspired me.
Apparently, Rowie's not feeling all that geared up to be going to school anymore; she'd rather study at home and all that jazz. So in the event she fumbles with the thought of skipping on Monday, Albie will subtly drop her some hints, making it seem like he knows we're planning something for her.
So then she'd go to school on Monday, EXPECTING SOMETHING.
And all through the morning, we'd do nothing.
Then during recess. We'll have to rush down before her. And when she drags her feet to the canteen, we'll all burst into song. HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
And we'll move aside to reveal... covered in candles and colours, a tiny little KUIH.
Preferably a kuih lapis, because it's so colourful and cute and all that. Hahaha.
But that's beside the point. After MAKING her blow out the candles, we'll MAKE her cut the kuih into EQUAL PARTS for all of us. And we'll make a big fuss out of it, and turn her brown face red in the process.
And while the big fuss around her and the kuih is going on, someone ELSE will bring out the REAL cake. And REPEAT THE PROCESS ALL OVER AGAIN.
So basically, we're going to ignore her on her bday. IF SHE HAPPENS TO TEXT OR CALL ANYONE OF YOU, IGNORE. And then on Monday, just when she thinks the "surprise" (kuih) is over, we bring out the REAL thing.
How's that? Any other suggestions?
The part with the kuih was inspired by Albie, and I think it's a splendid idea! What say YOU guys?
*******
To my darling sweethearts who planned and executed this whole entire plan for me, THANK YOU! I love you guys loads. Indeed its crazy to actually purposely forget someone's birthday, and all that guilt... YOU GUYS ROCKED MY 19th!
Again, thank you all so much. It'll be a super memorable gift, just the thought of forgetting. You guys are amazing.
Amazingly forgetful too. I love you all. Aaaaaaaaaahhhh.
My Sugar Sweet Birthday.
This one I won't forget.
No comments:
Post a Comment