Monday, January 09, 2012

Reflection - 'cos I hear it so often.

Reflection on your essays, reflection on your week, reflection this, reflection that.

This is my reflection over the past sem.

1. Friends
I got to know the ones I knew better and not necessarily liking all outcomes. I got to know new ones who will now have a permanent place in my heart. I think we bruised each other, and got ourselves chipped all over. This is a good thing, everyone needs to shake down. Some are bad processes, some are not that bad, but in the end all is good-for now. My roomie is awesome. She reminds me of my grandmother, not in the physical sense, but some of the things she says, her life lessons and her day to day goal. I live with a motivational speaker. I can't thank God more.

2. Studies
I am finally doing something I love. Bullshit of the century. Even in Uni, you have to do courses you don't want to like BM and Entrepreneurship and stuff like that. My year is also the guinea pig year for a new course, I would say that it is a helpful course. To be honest, I can't wait for the next semester. I really want to take a chunk off my major, see what the tough meat is all about. Excited much.

3. Location
There is a tendency to forget that I live on an island because I hardly see the sea. Despite the amount of outings and such, I still forget. Occasionally, the breeze comes to remind me that there is this vast amount of salt water surrounding me, the clouds at night do the same.

4. Weather
Needs getting used to. Nuff' said.

5. Church and CF
Is pretty cool, I think I need time to get attached to it. I think everyone does, naturally.

6. Myself
I think I have gotten a bit more headstrong, a lot more self conscious, somewhat lazy and maybe a bit more adventurous. I have now the opportunity to do everything I want, it's called freedom. However, I don't feel like I accomplished anything. I am yet to stretch myself and do things differently. In a way, I feel like my whole personality and character has not been structured yet and set into stone, not that I want to make myself incapable of being malleable by humility and what not, but I can't help but desire to be stronger in quiet sense and somehow more in control of myself. This is probably my future goal.

Next sem, here I come. :)

No comments: