Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I hate weddings.

I have decided to write. Do you know why? Do you want to know why?
Well, guess what...? I am not telling
.


I am not a sadist no, and neither do I misuse the word hate, loathe or detest. Yet, in all honesty, a promise made over my favourite Lindt, (the red one), I very much hate weddings...!

The formal way of doing things...Hushed low voices, everyone dressing extremely well, etiquette picked out off the back of the closet, brushed, polished, now used... FAKE ACCENTS...

" Oh yes, I worked in Ireland at that time, Ah yes.... "

Well really dear sir, I honestly could not be bothered.

Weddings are not the way they used to be, back in the Bible days, they were so chun they'd party for a week non-stop! To think that men and women from posh and Grand Prix lifestyle KL or even hard working keropok makers would party with groom and bride for a whole week....

I can imagine businessmen popping their heads out of their BMW windows blurting out loud for all bothered to hear, "You want my business to die, ah?"

Yes, weddings have been miscalculated from a celebration to a traditional bore-of-the-town show filled with white tulle, roses and Funeral marches.. I mean bridal marches.

No shouts, no screams of hurrahs... no joyous salutations, jokes of all kinds... Just poise and composure, elegance in its finest nature...

(A lot of fun you're going to get there!)

It's our mistake. We adopted the British cool cucumber ways of executing every 'task' to the point where human honesty was and is deemed inhumane and expressing happiness was a taboo. Unheard of.

Some one's backwards. I wonder who.

Anyhoo, weddings are a chore rather than a spectacle of a unison of two lonely beings, bringing more love, children.... (hopefully no divorce) into this world.

In conclusion, tell me you're getting married. Don't invite me. I'll just send you a big, fat ang pao! That's what all couples want, right?

No comments: